Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint / Furniture Paint / 64 Colors / 8 oz (1/2 pint)~16 oz (pint)~32 oz (quart) /
Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint - Colonel Mustard - Whether you want that retro 70's mustard color or the pop of "mustardy" yellow of today....Colonel Mustard is your go to color.. it is one of the most popular shades of yellow. Colonel Mustard is ideal for those that appreciate brighter colors, however, they are looking for something more sophisticated and classy Those that appreciate this color tend to have a desire for creativity and to be unique and you also have a desire to outwardly express yourself. You won't be disappointed with our quality of product and our commitment of bringing you the best chalk mineral paint.
Our Chalk Mineral Paints do not require wax or any type of sealant. They have a beautiful finish just the way it dries. If you take our finishing pads and give a quick buff....the finish will be as smooth as butter. No chalky feel like other chalk paints can leave. Dixie Belle does have a large assortment of waxes, top coats and glazes if you like to experiment with different finishes and looks. We always recommend you to unleash your inner creativeness and experiment with our products. They are Easy Peasy and fun to use.
Compare ours to other chalk paint....you WON'T be disappointed!!
COVERAGE: 16 oz (pint) will cover a large size dresser and 2 nightstands. 8 oz (1/2 pint) will cover a coffee and 2 end tables. Dixie Belle Paint is very thick and a little goes a long way. The longer the lid stays off, the thicker it will get. If you'd like it thinner, no worries, just add a little water and stir. Add too much water? No worries just leave lid off and it will thicken up. Whatever consistency you desire, Dixie Belle Paint will work for you!
- Clean with White Lightning.
- Dampen you brush and paint!
- Darker colors usually need only one coat, but lighter colors may need two coats.
- Your first coat is dry by the time you are ready for the second coat.
TIP: Use the Finishing Pad to buff the surfaces for a silky-smooth finish.
DRY TIME: Dixie Belle paint will DRY "to touch" in about 15 minutes. However, allow your piece to CURE 15-30 days! Cure time is the amount of time needed for the finish on a piece to reach maximum hardness and be ready for normal use. This is different than "dry time."
- Buff if you like the flat chalky finish.
- Clear Coat is a water-resistant poly-acrylic. Available in flat, satin and gloss.
- Gator Hide is a very durable water-repellent poly-acrylic. Recommended for heavy use areas, such as cabinets or tabletops.
- Best Dang Wax is a creamy, smooth, easy to use wax. Clear wax will brighten your paint. Other wax colors will change the color dramatically.
- Glaze is used to create depth and dimension.
- Patina Collection creates rusty, weathered effects.
- Crackle creates cracked, aged effects.
- Sea Spray Texture Additive creates a chippy, textured, weathered, sun-kissed look.